Placing your property into the rental market can be difficult as generally you don’t tend to do this often. Landlords and Tenants rights and obligations are enshrined under the Residential Tenancies Act and at times can seem illogical and unfair. Tenant selection and day-to-day management can be difficult not to mention handling potential rental arrears issues, rent reviews and required documentation can be hard to navigate through.
By entrusting Beck & Small property you will receive a total management service from industry professionals with a proven track record. With an understanding that our clients have different wants and needs we, as a smaller more boutique agency, shall listen to you and design a management structure that suits.
Having been in Property Management for an extensive time our knowledge and experience is second to none. We will take care of all the aspects from the marketing and leasing of your property and then the on-going management, the person you start with will be the person you will be dealing with throughout.
We are well versed in the legalities of property management so that if unfortunately a tenant breaches their obligations we can guide you through the process of resolving the situation. We will prepare the necessary paperwork and applications as well as represent you at the Residential Tenancies Tribunal if we can’t negotiate a settlement prior.
Some of the other areas of our service include:
- Providing advise as to the best way to present your property for leasing
- Explaining the differences and importance of adequate insurance both building and Landlord
- Finding the right tenant
- Showing your property to prospective tenants through private and general inspections
- Preparing all required documents and lodging the bond with the relevant authority
- Managing every aspect of the tenancy and communication with you as much or as little as you would like
- Co-ordinating maintenance and repairs
- Overseeing the termination of the tenancy and subsequent bond refund
The notion of managing your property privately can be appealing for some but you can be playing with fire. Upcoming changes to the Residential Tenancies Act is going to make the process even more difficult and the time and effort to protect and enhance one of your most valuable asset’s is best left in the hands of experts.
By placing your property into our hands you are getting experience, knowledge, REIV Licensed Estate Agents and stability from constant staff turnover and change.